Thursday, September 29, 2005

Uke Gotta See This

Liam and I finished painting his "guitar" yesterday. It's actually a baritone ukulele. Here's a picture of the finished product:

Unfortunately, Liam didn't want to pose for a photo with it. But here's a very short recording I made last night of me playing a wee instrumental piece on the uke. It's an old parlor guitar tune called Spanish Fandango. (You may want to turn up your volume slightly as it's not a loud instrument.) Musicians may be interested to know I have the uke tuned to open G, so it's sort of like a nylon-string banjo without the drone string.

Here's a photo of Liam with the uke before the paint job, about a year and a half ago. It's the cover of the miniature CD of songs I recorded for Liam and his buddies:

Want more ukulele stuff? Here's a Robert Johnson song that I recorded using this same instrument: Love in Vain

And finally, here's a link to my favorite ukulele site on the Web: The Fourth Peg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Montoya