Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Mixing it Up

I recently read an article in the New York Times marking the 50th anniversary of Vladmir Nabokov's "Lolita." The piece mentioned that he included a character in the novel named Vivian Darkbloom, which is an anagram of his own name.

This struck me as a cool idea, so I tried to figure out any good anagrams of my own name. Here are a few that I came up with for BILL ACKERBAUER:

Caleb Uke Briar

Buba Race Killer (ominous!)

Blu Balicker (that's just wrong)

Today I found a Web site that will automatically generate anagrams of any word, over at wordsmith.org. Here are some of the better ones it came up with for my name (strangely, they all seem appropriate):

A BABE LICK LURER

LIABLE RARE BUCK

A CLUBABLE KERR I

A KEBAB CURL LIER

A RABBLE LUCKIER

A RABBI ULCER ELK

CUBA BEAR KILLER

BAR ALK BE ULCER I

BAR LARK BLUE ICE

I'm tempted to try typing in GEORGE W BUSH ...






 

No comments: