Monday, September 19, 2005

Just checking in

Sunday's concert at the church was a moderate success. The crowd was small, but it was a paying gig and we raised a little dough for the Katrina relief effort. I donated $50 of my performance fee. If I find out how much else was raised through the church's bake sale, etc., I'll post the figure on my blog in case anyone is curious.

Now, onto other matters. I'm working on a couple of longish essays for one of my courses at Albany, and I hope to have them complete and up on the blog in a few days. One is about disciplining unruly children; the other is about my hometown's "cultural identity." (Don't snicker, it has one.) Stay tuned.

To keep you occupied, I'll direct your attention to the Web site of a poet/performance artist who has written an excellent piece of work on the condition of his own hometown, New Orleans. Check it out here: Chris Chandler Homepage He's a tragicomic genius.

No comments: