Sunday, January 8, 2006

Sights and sounds from First Night

My dad took a couple of photos at the Drumm House on New Year's Eve. The lighting was dim, which is great for rootsy atmosphere but not great for photography. It looks like his flash compensated nicely, however. I'm pretty certain that the bottom picture was taken while I played "France Blues." (Hence the contorted expression and bad posture.)

Here's one more song in .mp3 format from that performance. The lyrics are original, and the melody is that of the old-timey classic "East Virginia Blues." I recently submitted the lyrics to Sing Out! magazine for use in Faith Petric's "The Folk Process" column. I'll surely toot my own horn here on the blog if they print it. Enjoy.

Percolation Blues

(Lyrics Ackerbauer Copyright 2004)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is a rootsy armosphere?