Friday, June 10, 2005

A Wee Film

I thought I'd throw this link up on the old blog in case anybody has missed it on my main Web page. It's just a short movie of me playing a Mississippi John Hurt song called "Let the Mermaids Flirt with Me." It's only noteworthy because the software I edited it with allowed me to make it look like a grainy, old black-and-white flick.

If I can find the time (not likely), I'd like to do a short film on my hometown. I'm thinking it would be two minutes of footage showing some of Johnstown's highlights and lowlights. If you care to suggest a site that should be included, leave a comment here on the blog or e-mail me at smokinbill@aol.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a few....

The park on main street- a personal favorite!
the bench on the corner of Main and Perry street- always some"thing" interesting to view...
O'Connors- is it still there? and do the bartenders still serve and hit on 15 year old girls?
the old Holiday inn Theatre- in "ruins"
old home of the Palace Diner- is it a diner again- I have a vague recollection that it may be but I think it's really a used car lot now...?

and the weird little store on the corner of Cayadutta and E. Main Street that violates constitutional laws of kids on a daily basi by limiting the number of students shopping at one time- or something ridiculous like that....I don't care about the store as much the old crackpot who owned it and his sad little cardboard sign banning multiple shoppers! Brilliant business man!

Cemetery on N.Perry Street- for lots of reasons... Hmmmm...maybe I'll make my own documentary!