Thursday, June 30, 2005

Musical Coffee Break

Tonight on my coffee break I ran down to the Moon & River Cafe to grab a cup of joe and check out some live music. I only had half an hour, so it was a brief sojourn from the rigors of the Gazette copy desk.

 

Anyway, I met this guy Tom Wadsworth several years ago at a party, and our paths have crossed a couple of times since. Most recently I had hoot playing Celtic and old-timey instrumentals with him and a group of scholars at my alma mater. Check out his Web site and get out to one of his gigs real soon.

The Moon & River Cafe just opened a few months ago (maybe a year) in the Stockade section of Schenectady, and it's well worth checking out for the music and the atmosphere (if not for the somewhat dry apple turnovers). It has a calendar chock-full of great local and regional acts, with a heavy bias toward acoustic, folky and rootsy music (you know, the good stuff).

No comments: