Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Little Ink (Shameless Self-Promotion)

Alison Swartz from the Fulton County Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry has mentioned me in her local tourism column:

"On Saturdays, bring your lawn chair to the Gloversville Farmers Market and listen to some live entertainment. Local resident Bill Ackerbauer has played acoustic guitar at the market, and his music has become quite popular in the last couple of years."

- The Sunday Leader-Herald, June 26, 2005

Alison is in charge of promoting local tourism, among other things. She's the prime mover behind the Fulton County First Night event and has done an excellent job with it.

I had Kevin Scott join me on some tunes at yesterday's market, including a cover of Neil Young's song "Love is a Rose," on which I faked my way through a banjo solo. It must take a certain level of insanity to get up in front of strangers in a public venue and play music on an instrument you are barely familiar with. I definitely need more time in the old woodshed with the banjo ... 

Some links, just in case you're interested:

The Fulton County Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry

The Leader-Herald

 

No comments: