Wednesday, June 22, 2005

No Reason to be Alarmed

I received the following e-mail today from a concerned reader
and fellow blogger:

SmokinBill,

This is an intervention.  You've now gone seven days without posting in your blog and your friends in cyberspace are worried about you.  Put down the guitar or Jameson's or baby or whatever is keeping you from writing something and get back on the horse.
  We care about you, man.  

Sincerely,
 The Blogosphere

There's really no reason to be alarmed. I have not taken up
heavy consumption of fine Irish whiskey (which Jameson's most
certainly is not, in my opinion. Jameson's tastes a bit like
distilled dirt. I'm a Power's man, more power to your elbow!)

I have, however, had my hands full of both babies and guitars
lately. The good news is that I'll be cutting to part-time
status at work in a few weeks, meaning I'll have lots more time
at home with the family and a bit more time for pickin' and
grinnin'. The other reason for cutting back my work schedule
is to leave more time for school in the fall. I've got 8
credits down and 24 to go on my master's.

On the musical front, the following news: Last week I started my
regular summer gig at the farmers market in Gloversville. I'll
be playing there every Saturday (except July 9 and 16)
from 10 a.m. to noon through September. I'm trying to arrange
for someone to fill in for me on the days I'll be absent.
I've been working on a possible duo situation with
a local guitar player and singer named Kevin Scott. We've begun
building a set of acoustic rock and other rootsy stuff, but it will be a
few more sessions before we know for sure how it will work out.
I'll keep you posted. (I'm soliciting ideas for possible band
names ... "Fruits of Sheer Whimsy" and "Children of
the Chicken" are right out.)

No comments: