Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I guess I'll try my hand at blogging

I guess today I'll try my hand at blogging. I recently wrote an academic paper on the role of blogs in literature ("Carving out a Space for Cyberspace in the Literary Tradition"), and while I hardly claim to be an expert on the subject, I've developed an interest in the format's possibilities.

My goals for this blog are to:

1) Offer my thoughts on a variety of subjects of interest to myself and other like-minded folks (especially acoustic music, songwriting, literature and more down-to-earth stuff like my family and my hometown).

2) Keep the entries concise and worthy of my readers' precious time.

3) Make it an outlet for many of my creative projects, whether they are failures or successes, serious efforts or the fruits of sheer whimsy (which would make an excellent name for a band).

If you enjoy anything I put up here, or have any other reaction other than bland ambivalence, please do drop me a line at smokinbill@aol.com or post a comment.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look like your old man when he was an Optimo fancier.