Friday, December 9, 2005

Attention, fellow washed-up rugby players!

My friend Pete "Pike" Moody of Ballston Spa has informed me that he and a group of other Saratoga Springs-area rugby players will be forming a new club that will start playing in the spring. It is tentatively called the Saratoga Stampede Rugby Football Club, and membership is open to any men 18 or older, with any level of experience in the game (even none). For more information, e-mail Chuck Tempest at clusteruk1@yahoo.com.

Yes, I'm going to try to drag my ancient carcass out there to play. We'll see how the old lungs hold out.

UPDATE 1/14/06: The club will be having an informational/social meeting for prospective players at 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 16, at the Parting Glass, 20 Lake Ave., Saratoga Springs. Look for the crowd of thugs in the dart hall.

The club also has a new website: www.saratogarugby.com

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only I was there. I could make my return after an 8-year gap!

Anonymous said...

Two Chances