Friday, October 28, 2005

Wailing at Warren Street

Today, Liam and I went to entertain the first-graders at Warren Street School. Most of the songs went over pretty well, especially the song I call "The Greenberry Tree," which I learned from a Pete Seeger recording, and my own tune "Stinky Feet Blues." One of these days I'll record that one and put it on the blog. I played "Turkey in the Straw" and "Keep on the Sunnyside" on the mandolin, which was challenging because Liam decided to help me by "tuning" it before I played. He only tweaked one string; I figure 7 out of 8 is close enough for first-graders.

It's funny that the school district's Web site identifies Liam and me as a "father-son guitar and vocalist team." All Liam had to do was sit there and look cute! Here's the link to the district's slide show of Fall Festival photos.

No comments: