Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gloversville Gig

I've been asked to perform during the inaugural Victiorian Stroll in downtown Gloversville, which will be from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 9. I will be holding forth at one of the businesses sponsoring the event. I'll post the exact location when I find out.

I'm in an awkward position for this pre-Chistmas gig: I have almost zero holiday-related material in my repertoire, and with school work piling up now, I will have little time to learn new songs. I suppose I will just try to cram the lyrics of a few easy ones such as "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," and perhaps "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer," which is a classic. I used to be able to play a fingerstyle arrangement of "I Saw Three Ships," but it's been a few years ... Unfortunately, most of my songbooks and CDs are packed away in storage, so I will have to rely on the Internet for my new material.

Any suggestions on how I can Yule-up my act in a hurry? E-mail me at smokinbill@aol.com or post a comment here.

No comments: